Lunatic mystery takes center stage at Bear River
March 19, 2014
Bear River Dramatics will present "But Why Bump Off Barnaby?" today through March 29.
The lunatic show poses a fascinating mystery. When Barnaby Folcey is murdered at a family gathering at Marlgate Manor, it transpires that he had a motive to murder everybody else, but no one had a reason to want him dead. While dying, he scrawled the letters "b- a-r," which can implicate everyone. While the bizarre group frantically tries to unmask the murderer, people vanish, poison is found in the sherry and the police take forever to arrive. Meanwhile, there's a secret treasure to be found, a mystifying limerick to decode and all sorts of doom to be avoided before the killer is finally unmasked and destroyed using one of the funniest methods ever seen on a stage.
Performances will be at 7 p.m. today, Friday, Saturday and again March 27, 28 and 29. All shows are staged at Bear River High School.
Tickets are $6 for students and seniors, $8 for adults and can be purchased at the BRHS Student Store or reserved through the ticket line at 268-3700, ext. 4616.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation