Lorraine Gervais brings country western classics to Center stage
May 30, 2014
WHO: The Center for the Arts presents
WHAT: Lorraine Gervais’ Sinners & Sweethearts – Country Western Legends
DANCE CONCERT – Limited Theater Seating
WHEN: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday
WHERE: The Center for the Arts
314 W Main Street, Grass Valley
TICKETS: $22 members, $25 general public
The Center Box Office – 530-274-8384 ext 14
Tickets online at http://www.thecenterforthearts.org
Over the past few years Gervais has brought more than a dozen shows to the Grass Valley venue highlighting vintage music of all genres, including R&B and soul, jazz, rock, and country, including tributes to Aretha, Ella Fitzgerald, Bonnie Raitt, Fleetwood Mac, Women of Rock, and more.
"Our "Honky Tonk Angels" show a few years back, featuring women singers of the 1950s and 1960s was so much fun and I've gotten a lot of requests to bring back an authentic country show again so I thought early summer was the perfect time," Gervais said.
With this new show Gervais is focusing on music from legends including: Dolly Parton, Patty Loveless, LeAnn Rimes, Rosanne Cash, Loretta Lynn, Emmy Lou Harris, Tammy Wynette, Bobby Gentry, and Crystal Gayle.
"And of course we'll sneak in a little outlaw music from Willie, Merle and Johnny Cash while we're at it, just for the fun of keeping things a little balanced…making everybody happy," said Gervais.
"The Center has a great listening and dancing venue along with fun people working behind a full bar — how can you go wrong? So come on in with or without your cowboy boots and know that you'll have a great time with all of us!"
Gervais has lined up a solid group of players including singers: Taylor Harris, Kate Haight, and Brielle Morgan Nielson. Steve Wall, Tom Menig and Larry Tracy will play guitars and pedal steel, with Charlie Faber on bass and Ty Smith on drums.
Gervais' son, Tom Bevitori, will also join her onstage as a special guest.
The concert will be at 8 p.m. both Friday and Saturday at the Center's main stage, 314 W. Main St. in Grass Valley.
Tickets are $22 for members of the Center, $25 for the general public and are available at the Center's Box Office in person, by phone at 530-274-8384 ext. 14, online at http://www.thecenterforthearts.org or at BriarPatch Co-op.
For more information, go to http://www.lorrainegervais.com, or call 530-274-8384, ext 14.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier