Lonely Kings roll into Coopers for race weekend
June 13, 2013
The Lonely Kings will bring their alternative style of music to Coopers Ale Works in Nevada City Saturday for the annual Bike Race weekend.
Lonely Kings have a new album set to be released Aug. 20 on Epochal Artists/Capitol Records. This is the band’s fifth full-length album and the 10th anniversary of them playing in Nevada City on the Classic Bike Race weekend.
Supporting the show are the heavy rockers Horseneck from Sacramento, and opening the show is the alt/punk band Black Delany from Oregon by way of Grass Valley, who are fronted by the raw talented lead guitar player John Patrick Trant IIIrd who has a recording studio on Rattlesnake Road in Grass Valley. This night of local rock, punk and alternative music begins at 9 p.m. Saturday at 233 Commerical St. in Nevada City.
The show is sponsored by Real Wheels Bicycle Shop (121 Argall Way, Nevada City), and the owner, Chris McGovern, will be on hand to give away gift cards and prizes in celebration for the annual Nevada City Classic Bike Race. The cover charge is $10 at the door. The show is 21-and-over only and is brought to you by Coopers Ale Works, Salmon Presents and Real Wheels.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping