Lonely Kings roll into Coopers for race weekend
June 13, 2013
The Lonely Kings will bring their alternative style of music to Coopers Ale Works in Nevada City Saturday for the annual Bike Race weekend.
Lonely Kings have a new album set to be released Aug. 20 on Epochal Artists/Capitol Records. This is the band's fifth full-length album and the 10th anniversary of them playing in Nevada City on the Classic Bike Race weekend.
Supporting the show are the heavy rockers Horseneck from Sacramento, and opening the show is the alt/punk band Black Delany from Oregon by way of Grass Valley, who are fronted by the raw talented lead guitar player John Patrick Trant IIIrd who has a recording studio on Rattlesnake Road in Grass Valley. This night of local rock, punk and alternative music begins at 9 p.m. Saturday at 233 Commerical St. in Nevada City.
The show is sponsored by Real Wheels Bicycle Shop (121 Argall Way, Nevada City), and the owner, Chris McGovern, will be on hand to give away gift cards and prizes in celebration for the annual Nevada City Classic Bike Race. The cover charge is $10 at the door. The show is 21-and-over only and is brought to you by Coopers Ale Works, Salmon Presents and Real Wheels.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Bierwagen’s annual pumpkin patch brings families back out to the farm
- ‘Tiny House, Big Living’ show looking for cast members on HGTV
- Artist Daniel Brooks reception Dec. 13 at Nevada City Winery
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- California Organics owner, Chris Kysar, makes healthy food his life’s work