Local wines stand out at State Fair competition
June 27, 2013
Results of the 2013 California State Fair Wine Competition were released last week with good news for Sierra Foothill vintners.
Seven local wineries received either silver and bronze medals for their wines, with Lucchesi Vineyards taking home a gold for its 2012 Sauvignon Blanc.
Other wineries to take home medals were Avanguardia Vineyards and Winery, Clavey Vineyards and Winery, Montoliva Winery, Nevada City Winery, Sierra Starr Vineyards and Winery and Solune Winery.
In addition many Sierra Foothills grapes were featured in award winning wines from around California.
For a complete list of all wines and wineries awarded this year, visit http://www.bigfun.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/2013-Award-Winners.pdf.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball