Local artists announce annual clay, glass sale
November 29, 2012
Several local potters invite the public to their second annual Holiday Clay and Glass Sale from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Come share refreshments and meet the six potters and one glass artist who are teaming up to provide this unique community shopping experience with affordable art for the holiday season.
"It is important to us that our work is reasonably priced. This gives more people the ability purchase handmade art for their family and friends for the holidays," said studio owner Rene Sprattling. "And the bargains at the seconds table are always a big draw."
Ceramic artists Chic Lotz, Kathleen Kershaw, Flo Fahrenheit, Yvonne Docktor, Tricia Burbank and Rene Sprattling are joined this year by glass artist Mark Einert. Functional works, such as mugs, teapots, bowls, vases and flower pillows, along with masks, jewelry, sculpture, birds and colorful glass pumpkins, are just some of the handmade items available for sale.
The sale will be at W. Broad St. in Nevada City (Studio 540). There will be signs out the weekend of the event. If you wish for information, please call Rene Sprattling at (530) 265-8762 or go to http://www.studio540.net.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire