Local artist featured in Sacramento exhibit
April 15, 2013
The 2110 Loft Gallery currently presents works by Jenny Long. Born in California, Long has lived in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada for many years. Although there are often figures depicted, her work revolves around the idea that the world is not merely the background for human activity. What she trusts and looks for in art is the intimation of something weird or quirky that celebrates a sense of place or feeling. Bands of thought and influence are carried from one work of art to another, as she is consoled and challenged by the work of other artists, poets and writers.
Her works are on display April 10 through May 3 with a reception from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, as part of Second Saturday in Sacramento.
The gallery is at the Sacramento Art Complex, 2110 K St. For information, go to http://gallery2110.com or call 916-476-5500. The exhibit is free to the public.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location