Little Grass Valley Reservoir seasonal closures
September 13, 2013
Quincy — The summer recreation season at Little Grass Valley Reservoir is winding down for the year and seasonal closures are in progress. South Feather Water and Power is releasing water from the dam and water levels are falling dramatically.
Boat launch ramps will be closed and docks pulled before the end of September and possibly earlier, depending upon water levels and weather. Reservations are no longer being accepted at Red Feather, Running Deer and Horse Campgrounds.
South Fork facilities Little Beaver, Red Feather and Running Deer are available on a first come-first served basis while shutdown procedures are underway but because these facilities may be closed earlier than the final September 27 shutdown date, campers are advised to call ahead of their travel.
Wyandotte, Peninsula Tent Camp, Toomes RV and Black Rock Tent and RV camps will remain open until Oct. 14, unless closed earlier by weather.
All facilities will be closed and gated for the season no later than Oct. 14.
Visitors interested in using Little Grass Valley Reservoir facilities should call the Feather River Ranger District Office at 530-534-6500 as facility status may change quickly.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later