Little Feat guitarists perform acoustic show
November 28, 2013
On Friday, renowned Little Feat guitar players Paul Barrere and Fred Tackett will perform a special show, "A Dixie Chicken Thanksgivin," in Auburn.
From the first time they played "Dixie Chicken" nearly 35 years ago, Barrere and Tackett have been making music.
Following careers leading the band Little Feat and playing with artists like Bonnie Raitt, Bob Dylan and Taj Mahal, the two guitar virtuosos perform together again as an acoustic duo. The pair bring a rare opportunity to hear songs from the Little Feat catalog and much more with their distinctly different artistic stamp.
Tickets for the 8 p.m. concert are $20 in advance, $25 the day of the show. They can be purchased at Clock Tower Records in Grass Valley, Yabobo in Nevada City, Cherry Records in Auburn or online at http://keepsmilin promotions.com.
Gobert, Edwards & Woods will be the opening act. Doors open at 7 p.m. at the Auburn Events Center, 145 Elm Ave. in Auburn.
For information, go to http://keepsmilin promotions.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance