Little Feat guitarists perform acoustic show
November 28, 2013
On Friday, renowned Little Feat guitar players Paul Barrere and Fred Tackett will perform a special show, "A Dixie Chicken Thanksgivin," in Auburn.
From the first time they played "Dixie Chicken" nearly 35 years ago, Barrere and Tackett have been making music.
Following careers leading the band Little Feat and playing with artists like Bonnie Raitt, Bob Dylan and Taj Mahal, the two guitar virtuosos perform together again as an acoustic duo. The pair bring a rare opportunity to hear songs from the Little Feat catalog and much more with their distinctly different artistic stamp.
Tickets for the 8 p.m. concert are $20 in advance, $25 the day of the show. They can be purchased at Clock Tower Records in Grass Valley, Yabobo in Nevada City, Cherry Records in Auburn or online at http://keepsmilin promotions.com.
Gobert, Edwards & Woods will be the opening act. Doors open at 7 p.m. at the Auburn Events Center, 145 Elm Ave. in Auburn.
For information, go to http://keepsmilin promotions.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- NCTV Talk: Thru the Lens gala set for Del Oro Theatre
- Summer movies for kids begins June 14 at Del Oro Theatre in Grass Valley
- Bow-Tie Beauties Uncensored: Burlesque show at Miners Foundry
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial