Leta’s Blues to set sultry mood
February 28, 2013
Leta's Blues will play a dinner set at the Old 5Mile House Friday. Coming from very disparate musical backgrounds, the jazz and blues quartet has been playing together for five years, perfecting a smooth and sultry sound perfect for dining, dancing or a glass of wine by the fire.
Upright bassist Dylan McConnell is relatively new to the area, originally from Philadelphia, and the acting associate creative director for the Black Lodge Ensemble, as well as resident composer for WDCD Radio. Ritchie O'Connell has played drums on many continents with the likes of Etta James, Anita O'Day and Chaka Khan, as well as touring with rock legends Stephen Stills and the band America. Jerome Ali has been writing and arranging performances in many idioms, from punk rock and reggae to live theater with his roots firmly based in jazz. Leta Gibney sings in three languages and is a founding member of Flamenco Del Oro, possessing both a wide repertoire of Andalusian material and an intimate knowledge of the American song book of jazz standards.
The band will play from 6 to 9 p.m. No cover charge. All ages welcome.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (VIDEO)