LeGacy Presents humorous holiday show opens at Off Center
December 13, 2012
LeGacy Presents opens its second holiday show, "Every Christmas Story Ever Told," this weekend at the Off Center Stage, 314 Richardson St., Grass Valley (located directly behind The Center for the Arts). The production runs through Dec. 30. Shows are at 7 p.m. Thursdays, 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sunday matinees.
"On the wings of 'The Complete Works of William Shakespeare … Abridged …Revised!' … we are proud to have Scott Ewing direct for LeGacy again," said LeGate. "Scott knows how to throw three crazy actors together for a hit … he did it with Shakespeare … and now he's giving us another really funny show! Jay Barker ("Full Monty," "Harold and Maude," "Shakespeare"), Brandon Johnson ("A Few Good Men," "Tiny Tim's Christmas," "I Hate Hamlet") and T.E. Wolfe ("A Few Good Men," "Miracle on 34th Street," "On the Waterfront") have such great chemistry and comic timing.
In "Every Christmas Story Ever Told," three actors are stuck doing "A Christmas Carol" for weeks are finally sick to death of the classic and break out to give the audience an incredibly crazy, funny, condensed beyond belief version of every Christmas story you can imagine — Grinch, Wonderful Life, Frosty and more.
The script is hysterical with Ewing and this trio of actors. You are guaranteed a laugh a minute, LeGate said.
There is a special discount for those who purchase tickets to both shows. The discount is only available through the box office.
For information about either production or showtimes go to http://www.legacypresents.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip