Learning continues into summer at BriarPatch cooking school
June 4, 2014
It's summer vacation for some, but the BriarPatch Community Cooking School is in session, with lots of co-op cooking classes to choose from.
To kick off the summer series, an open house will be hosted from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday.
This special event is an opportunity for the public to see the cozy teaching kitchen at 648 Zion St. in Nevada City, meet some of the cooking class teachers, and sample some of the dishes that will be prepared in the classes.
A total of 25 cooking classes are scheduled for June and July. Two of these are just for children. Father's Day is right around the corner, and since the best gifts are always the ones handcrafted by the kids, "Raw Pies for Pops" will teach kids how to craft a special treat 3 to 5 p.m. June 14.
The strawberry mint and chocolate cherry pies will be gluten free, vegan and made with and nutritious raw ingredients.
Kim Jones will have a Summer Paella Party from 6 to 8 p.m. June 13. Lucinda DeFranco will take the class on an International Vegan Voyage June 16, and Anna Werderitsch will Quench! your thirst with a class on fizzy, probiotic sodas June 25.
Look for the full descriptions, dates and times on BriarPatch's website, http://www.briarpatch.coop/community/cooking-classes/.
Classes are at the BriarPatch Co-op Community Cooking School, 648 Zion St. in Nevada City. The standard fee for most classes, which includes a share of what's being cooked, is $30 for BriarPatch owners and $35 for the general public. For more information or to pre-register, call BriarPatch at 530-272-5333, ext. 134, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or sign-up and pay for the class online.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball