Learn about fire wise landscaping
April 11, 2014
Learn the elements of Fire-Wise Landscaping from the Master Gardeners from 10 a.m. to noon April 19.
The workshop will be held at the Demonstration Garden, 1036 W. Main St. in Grass Valley, on the NID Business Center grounds.
Participants will learn:
• How to create a defensible space between your home and flammable vegetation
• How to evaluate the environment around your home
• To define the home ignition zone and the defensible space zone
• Techniques to reduce the fuel loads around your home
• Which materials are best in your landscape for wildfire protection
• Which plants are fire resistant, attractive, and suitable for the foothills
For more information, visit the website firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-273-0919.