Latin American guitar concert benefits Uganda
November 14, 2013
Jeremiah Earl will perform a concert of Latin American guitar music 7 p.m. Saturday at the Trinity Episcopal Church in Nevada City. Earl has studied classical guitar under local maestro Jamey Bellizzi and Richard Savino, head of the guitar department at California State University, Sacramento, and member of the faculty at the prestigious San Francisco Conservatory of Music.
Works to be performed will include "Tres Piezas Rioplantenes" and "Suite Del Plata Number One" by Maximo Diego Pujol of Argentina, "Boulevard San Jorge" by Narsisco Saul, also hailing from Argentina, and pieces composed by Earl himself.
Fifty percent of all ticket sales are to be donated to the Bwindi Community Hospital and The Batwa Experience, both located in Uganda. Information on either of those organizations can be found at their respective websites — http://bwindihospital.com/ and http://batwaexperience.com/.
Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door. Pre-sale tickets can be purchased at Trinity Episcopal Church and Empire Music at 308 Broad St. in Nevada City.
Trinity Church is located at 202 Nevada St. in Nevada City.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball