Landscape paintings featured at Smith Vineyard
January 10, 2013
Smith Vineyard, Tasting Room and Gallery presents the installation of new paintings by local artisan and artist Michael Menegazzi. The exhibit will run from January through February.
The paintings now on exhibit are recent works by Menegazzi.
He began painting in 1953 with oils and through 1963 created more than 150 paintings. Menegazzi took a decisive hiatus from regular painting for 22 years to focus on a career in the "family trade" – Terrazzo. That decision culminated with the involvement at the Smithsonian's Washington D.C. Masonry Variations Show 2003-2004 as a guest artisan.
In 1986, he returned to a serious painting "avocation" and has seen the production of hundreds of works annually up to the present.
"I paint only for one reason! I love to be out there enjoying the beauty of nature's colors and painting provides the absolute focus of those colors. I only choose to "exhibit" now in my later years as a result of the "urging" of friends and family," he said.
Smith Vineyard, Tasting Room and Gallery is open from noon to 6 p.m. Wednesday through Friday, noon to 7 p.m. Saturdays and 1 to 5 p.m. Sundays. It is located at 142 Mill St. in downtown Grass Valley. For more information, call (530) 273-7032.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana