Land Trust to trek Lakes Basin
August 8, 2014
The Bear Yuba Land Trust has organized a Nature Playshop from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday in Gold Lakes Basin.
While enjoying the views of the Golden Lakes Basin Area, participants will have the opportunity to take part in an inner and outer exploration of nature as well as discover the place they hold in it.
Cal Naturalist Susan Sanford will be in charge of leading the group in hiking, song, writing, silence, reflection and sharing, as well as guided nature observation and connectivity activities throughout the day.
Those interested in taking part in this "moderate" ranked outdoors experience can end the day at the Gray Eagle Lodge for snacks and beverages for an additional $8. A donation of $12 for members of the Bear Yuba Land Trust and $17 for the general public is suggested for the trek.
To register, or for more information, go to http://www.BearYubaLandTrust.org or call 530-272-5994, ext. 200.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death