KVMR hosts, airs free concert for 31st annual MLK celebration
January 17, 2013
KVMR announces the 31st annual Serving Community Honoring the Dream Free concert featuring the Bethel AME Church Choir of Marysville at the Miners Foundry in Nevada City Monday for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Once again, the Miners Foundry will be filled with the sounds of inspirational music honoring the legacy of the great Martin Luther King Jr. KVMR will broadcast the special presentation live on 89.5FM in the foothills, 105.1 in Tahoe/Truckee and worldwide at kvmr.org. Doors will open at 11:15 a.m., and seating is limited. The concert and live broadcast will begin at noon. It will be re-broadcast at 6 p.m. Monday on KVMR.
For information about the event, go to http://www.kvmr.org.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Organic farming going strong with next generation at Bakbraken Acres
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance