Keb Mo brings the blues to GV Saturday
May 8, 2014
Three-time Grammy Award winner, Bluesman Keb' Mo' will visit Grass Valley Saturday for a performance at the Grass Valley Veterans Building during a concert presented by the Center for the Arts.
Keb' Mo' crafts old-fashioned acoustic blues with the soul of B.B. King and the passion of John Lee Hooker. An accomplished frontman as well as trained bandmate, Mo' is known for his interpretation of jazz, blues and rock through the acoustic guitar. He is known for his genre-blending artfulness, intuitive lyrics, unique guitar style, distinctive voice, and magnetic stage charisma.
Since the 1994 release of his self-titled debut, Keb' Mo' has been making critically acclaimed albums and bringing a fresh face to the blues and roots genres. In 1996, his second release, "Just Like You" won him the first of three Grammys.
Tickets for the 8 p.m. show are $38 for member of the Center, $48 for the general public and are available at the Center's Box Office in person, by phone at 530-274-8384 ext. 14, online at http://www.thecenterforthearts.org or at BriarPatch Co-op.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Organic farming going strong with next generation at Bakbraken Acres
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed