‘Journey to the West’ wraps today
May 6, 2013
The Community Asian Theatre of the Sierra's production of "Journey to the West" comes to an end today.
The two final performances are at 2 and 8 p.m. at the Nevada Theatre.
Tickets for the production are $23 in advance or $28 at the door and are available at the Nevada City Box Office at the Foundry, 530-265-5462, BriarPatch Co-op, the Book Seller and online at http://catsweb.org.
Those who loved the music in "Journey to the West," arranged and composed by Tynowyn Woolman and performed by The Orchestra of Heaven and Earth — consisting of Lisa Stine, Tynowyn Woolman and Joe Fajen — can buy a CD of the soundtrack created by the nonprofit arts organization. CDs are $19.
Those interested in purchasing one should send a check, payable to CATS, to: CATS, POB 1266, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Include your name, address, email and phone number.
For more about the production or CD, visit http://catsweb.org.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Rethinking the lawn
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum