Johnsmith takes the stage in Auburn tonight
April 19, 2013
Johnsmith, a singer/songwriter, will perform tonight at the State Theatre in Auburn.
The musician has garnered songwriting awards at Kerrville, Telluride, Rocky Mountain Folks and Falcon Ridge folk festivals.
His music expresses the harder edges of life and love, with songs that span a broad spectrum from folk to blues, from gospel to Celtic.
Johnsmith's sixth CD "Gravity of Grace" includes a cast of acoustic music players including Darrell Scott, Tim O'Brien, Ray Bonneville, and Jimmy La Fave.
For the past 20 years Johnsmith has shared his music with audiences across the U.S. and Ireland, driving 50,000 miles to play more than 150 dates each year.
Steve Meckfessel will open the show, which is presented by Auburn Placer Performing Arts Center's On Stage at the State program.
The concert begins at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $20 and are available online at http://www.livefromauburn.com, or phone the office at 530-885-0156, or go to Cherry Records on Lincoln Way in Auburn.
For more information about Johnsmith, or to sample a variety of his songs, check out Johnsmith on YouTube and on his website johnsmithmusic.com.
For more about the show, go to http://www.livefromauburn.com.
The State Theatre is located at 985 Lincoln Way in Auburn.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- For the love of animals: Find compassion in action at Animal Film Festival
- Commentary: Cars and coffee: a spontaneous showing of cars
- Blues Fusion dance welcomes live music Friday night
- ‘Tiny House, Big Living’ show looking for cast members on HGTV
- 3rd annual Animal Film Festival comes to Grass Valley Saturday
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana