Jewel set to perform in Grass Valley this summer
April 16, 2014
The Center for the Arts announced today that Jewel will make a concert stop in Grass Valley this summer. The alternative country musician will perform July 17 at the Grass Valley Veterans Building.
From the remote ranch of her Alaskan youth to the triumph of international stardom, four-time Grammy nominee Jewel, hailed by the New York Times as a "songwriter bursting with talents," has enjoyed career longevity rare among her generation of artists.
Currently, Jewel is recording her 13th studio album, a follow-up to her first album, "Pieces of You," due in 2015. Jewel lives on a working ranch in Stephenville, Texas, with her husband, world champion bull-riding superstar Ty Murray, and their son, Kase Townes Murray.
Tickets are $58 for members of the Center, $68 for the general public and $78 for premium – reserved seating and parking. Tickets are on sale today for Encore Club members — the top annual donors of the Center — and to other members May 1. Tickets will be available to the general public May 15.
For more information or to purchase tickets, contact the Center at 530-274-8384, ext. 14, or online at www. http://www.thecenterforthearts.org.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Organic farming going strong with next generation at Bakbraken Acres
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed