Idol show returns to fair
July 25, 2013
The Nevada County Fair is looking for talented vocalists to sing in the Idol Competition at this year's fair. Participants could win $100, a fair admission package, and money for your favorite charity.
Nevada County residents ages 16 and up are invited to participate in this crowd favorite at 5 p.m. Aug. 7 on the Pine Tree Stage at the fairgrounds. The grand prize is $100, two fair admission tickets, parking, two Saturday night arena tickets and carnival rides. Second-place prize is $50, two admission tickets, parking and carnival rides; and third prize is $25, two admission tickets and parking. New this year is the People's Choice Award, which is $100.
Singers will be judged by a panel of local celebrities, who will narrow it down to five finalists. Audience members will then vote with wooden tokens (that can be purchased at the event) for the grand prize winner. The tokens will be weighed on stage and the winner will be announced that night. All tokens collected will be converted back to cash and then donated to the nonprofit of the winner's choice. The voting for "People's Choice" will take place during round one and will be announced with the Grand Prize winner.
Last year's Idol Competition winner was Khalee Lofton, who received money for her charity of choice — J & J Performing Arts.
Early entry is encouraged, as there is a limit of 15 contestants for this event. The entry fee is only $5, and entries close at 5 p.m. Aug. 2. All contestants will receive a free admission pass to the fair Aug. 7.
A complete list of rules and a registration form can be obtained from the fair's website at http:// NevadaCountyFair.com, by calling the fair office at 530-273-6217 or sending an email to debby@ nevadacountyfair.com. Tri Counties Bank has graciously donated its time to sell tokens during the show.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- NCTV Talk: Thru the Lens gala set for Del Oro Theatre
- Summer movies for kids begins June 14 at Del Oro Theatre in Grass Valley
- Bow-Tie Beauties Uncensored: Burlesque show at Miners Foundry
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial