House concert features married duo
October 26, 2012
Few husband-wife musical duos provide audiences with the complete entertainment package that Stacey Earle and Mark Stuart dish out in a live performance.
Armed with clever acoustic guitar interplay, autobiographical songwriting, lovely harmonies and humorous storytelling, this couple captivates your attention from the first moment they are on stage.
Based out of Tennessee, Earle and Stuart draw from blues, pop, country, rock and more in their heartfelt music. The years of touring the folk/Americana circuit (playing 170 concerts a year) have given them a knack for reaching out to the audience in an intimate "come into my living room" fashion.
Stacey and Mark own their own record label, Gearle Records, and have made eight CDs over the years.
Since meeting in 1992 and marrying in 1993, the partners have toured the U.S., Canada and Europe repeatedly.
They left the environment of pursuing a major label deal in Nashville in 1998 to target small, intimate venues in theaters, coffeehouses, festivals, clubs and house concerts.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Common-cure ’70 Chevy C10 short-bed fleetside pickup
- Nevada County organic farmer saves heirloom trees for food and history
- New classes starting at Fletcher’s Dance Hall in Nevada City
- Swan Central: Sacramento Valley rice fields offer best winter waterfowl viewing in state
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say