House concert features married duo
October 26, 2012
Few husband-wife musical duos provide audiences with the complete entertainment package that Stacey Earle and Mark Stuart dish out in a live performance.
Armed with clever acoustic guitar interplay, autobiographical songwriting, lovely harmonies and humorous storytelling, this couple captivates your attention from the first moment they are on stage.
Based out of Tennessee, Earle and Stuart draw from blues, pop, country, rock and more in their heartfelt music. The years of touring the folk/Americana circuit (playing 170 concerts a year) have given them a knack for reaching out to the audience in an intimate "come into my living room" fashion.
Stacey and Mark own their own record label, Gearle Records, and have made eight CDs over the years.
Since meeting in 1992 and marrying in 1993, the partners have toured the U.S., Canada and Europe repeatedly.
They left the environment of pursuing a major label deal in Nashville in 1998 to target small, intimate venues in theaters, coffeehouses, festivals, clubs and house concerts.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire