Holiday spirit hits street
December 20, 2012
Sunday is the first of two afternoon Victorian Christmas events in downtown Nevada City. Enjoy chestnuts roasting on an open fire, carolers, vendors and all the charm of the holidays in a small town from 1:30 to 6 p.m.
While wandering among the historic streets, swing by Miners Foundry Cultural Center for the Nevada City Winter Craft Fair. This popular event showcases handmade arts and crafts from around the region and features the popular Children's Shopping time. Children's Shopping gives children the opportunity to participate in the gift-giving tradition of the holiday season. This year, Children's Shopping will take place from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday.
While grown-ups relax and stay warm, guardian angels from The Friendship Club will escort little ones to help them shop for their family and wrap presents. There is a selection of gifts for children to purchase with items ranging from $2 to $10. A children's craft area will also be available for little ones who may be waiting while their parents shop. There is a $3 admission to the Nevada City Craft Fair, which includes a variety of handmade, vintage goods and Etsy craft vendors. Children 10 and under are admitted free. There is a no-host bar and food available for purchase. Drop by, warm up and give the little ones in the family a chance to shop too!
For information, visit http://www.minersfoundry.org or call (530) 265-5040.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- SummerFest: Six Music in the Mountains concerts offer range of venues, styles
- Coriander boom taking root in Japan
- Rough and Ready Secession Days Chili Cook-off set for June 25
- Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice: Movies Under the Pines brings back classic comedy
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- 2 men accused of having exploding devices in western Nevada County
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Nevada, Placer county rivers claim 2 lives over the weekend
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation
- Placer County authorities release ID of victim in fatal Friday wreck