Haven Underground presents songwriter Kyrstyn Pixton with Eric Oberthaler Saturday
November 21, 2013
Portland, Ore.-based songwriter Kyrstyn Pixton will perform with Eric Oberthaler Saturday at the Haven Underground.
Pixton creates live shows that blend piano, voice, electronica and impromptu loops from audience participation. Her sound blends intricate songwriting with vocal harmonies and electro-acoustic soundscapes. She recently released her first full-length album "EMBYRS."
Oberthaler, aka eO, is a San Francisco Bay Area-based composer, producer, singer/multi-instrumentalist who creates a diverse body of music. A classically trained composer gone rogue, he has branched out into the worlds of multi-media, dance, circus, ritual theater, workshops and flash mob design and continues to deepen his skills in digital audio production, according to his biography.
Quixotically spellbound by the vision of "an orchestra of the future," eO has been deeply influenced by all eras of western classical music as well as other world traditions, according to his bio. In particular, he has focused on Balinese music (as founding director of Gamelan X), Balkan music (as trumpeter for Brass Menazeri and Inspector Gadje Balkan Brass Bands for the last decade), and Burning Man culture, where he has composed and directed many projects, immersive rituals, and interactive experiences over his 15 years of attendance. He performs frequently with Kyrstyn Pixton and Stellamara. http:// soundsliketree.com/
Advanced tickets for the 10 p.m. Saturday show are $20 and available at BriarPatch Co-op. Doors open at 9 p.m. Haven Underground is located at 226 Broad St. in Nevada City. For information, visit http:// havenunderground.org.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death