Hard rock trio performs at The Stonehouse
May 2, 2013
Gods of Mischief, a hard rockin' power trio, will perform at 10 p.m. Saturday at The Stonehouse in Nevada City.
Members are Bob Gaede (lead guitar, vocals), a veteran rock, blues and jazz guitarist who has played with notables such as Richie Hayward (Little Feat), Stu Hamm, bassist for Joe Satriani, Big Jay McNeeley and Malcom Jones of Blues Image; Jesse Doran (bass, vocals), formerly of Silent Reign and Minx who toured the world in the '80s/'90s showcasing their original hard rock offerings — Minx opened for a succession of readily recognized bands during these tours, including Rat, Aerosmith, Night Ranger and Motley Crue — and Doran also played bass for Eddie Money; Keith "Stix" Christopherson (drums, vocals) is a familiar face and sound on the Grass Valley/Nevada City music scene, and has appeared with numerous local bands, including Hot Rod Charlie and the Wheels, Steamer, Full Circle and The Fossils for the last two decades. Christopherson has played drums for 40 years.
Gods of Mischief has recently released its second CD, "Better Look Out," which was two years in the making. The band members said they are anxious to share their creation with their loyal fans.
There is a $5 cover to get in Saturday. For information, call 530-430-7744 or visit http://stonehouse1857.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire