Grass Valley’s Art Works Gallery host Bear River student show
April 10, 2013
Art Works Gallery is hosting a fundraising show and sale featuring the work of art students from Bear River High School.
The show runs through April 15 at 113 Mill St. in downtown Grass Valley.
"This show is important because it validates the arts in education for our community," said art teacher Elizabeth Jens. "Art brings much joy to my students – and for those that apply themselves – much learning and understanding of the world around them.
All of the proceeds from the sale of works by Bear River High School artists will go to the students involved.
In addition, all 36 member/artists of Art Works Gallery donated 10 percent of their sales during an April 5 reception towards art supplies for the school.
Art Works Gallery is a cooperative gallery, which exhibits a high-quality collection of artwork in jewelry, furniture, paintings, photography, ceramics, fiber arts, woodwork, mixed media and sculpture.
Art Works Gallery is open daily. For more information go to http://www.artworksgalleryco-op.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Organic farming going strong with next generation at Bakbraken Acres
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance