Grand Fiddlers Rally set for Saturday
June 19, 2013
Alasdair Fraser's Sierra Fiddle Camp will celebrate the fiddle music of Scotland and the world in Grass Valley at the Veterans Memorial Building with its eighth annual Fiddle Camp concert. More than 150 musicians, singers and dancers ranging in age from 5 to 85 will join Scottish fiddler Alasdair Fraser and the world-class faculty of camp instructors to celebrate with a week of intensive study and revelry at 8 p.m. Saturday.
This year's Grand Fiddle Rally combines the music of Scotland and the world with special guests, Antti Järvelä (Finland), Mary Jane Lamond (Cape Breton) and Wendy MacIsaac (Cape Breton).
Joining the campers and instructors on stage will be guitarists Steve Baughman and Seph Peters, cellists Natalie Haas, Joel Cohen, Erin Esses, and Alex Wilson, dancer Laura Cortese, songs by Mary Jane Lamond, percussion by Cathy Porter, piano by Neil Pearlman and pipes by Elias Alexander.
Tickets to Saturday's show are $20 in advance, $22 at the door, $30 for preferred seating and reserved parking, $5 children 12 and under or $40 family pack (two adults two kids) and are available at BriarPatch Co-op, the Book Seller and Yabobo.
For information, go to http://thecenterforthearts.org/grand-fiddlers-rally, or http://sierrafiddlecamp.org.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Strawberry Music Festival returns with stellar line-up
- PG&E offers debris removal in tree death crisis
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier