Glory Singers return to stage for hymn sing ‘God’s Amazing Grace’
August 15, 2013
Those who like to just listen to good music or participate in singing, should catch the Glory Singers concert and hymn sing, "God's Amazing Grace," at 3 p.m. Sunday. The 90-minute event will feature the eight-voice ensemble Glory Singers under the direction of Cherry Hayes.
"I believe we have the bass with the lowest notes and the tenor with the highest notes of any group around. It's a multi-generational group with arrangements in four to seven parts," she said.
The Glory Singers concert will offer a variety of musical styles, including gospel, fresh new up-beat songs containing lyrics from older hymns, as well as a couple of Celtic tunes and hymns arranged in a contemporary style. The group is accompanied by piano, bass, percussion and, depending on the song, flute, violin and trumpet. The singers will also be leading those in attendance in congregational singing. There is a definite message of God's amazing grace and love, woven throughout the concert, Hayes said.
The concert is free to the public. Calvary Bible Church is located at 11481 Highway 174 in Grass Valley, between Empire Mine and Union Hill School. For information, contact the church office at 530-273-1343, or email Cherry Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo