Garden Tour set for next weekend
May 10, 2013
The 20th annual Garden Tour by the Soroptimist of the Sierra Foothills will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., May 18 and 19. It is a self-guided tour of six beautiful privately owned gardens in Grass Valley, Nevada City and Penn Valley. The tour takes approximately four to five hours and can be split up between both days.
All proceeds from the Garden Tour and a raffle goes back into the community to help women and children.
Tickets for the tour are $20 in advance and $25 at the garden gate. Tickets can be purchased at a number of area stores, including Peaceful Valley Farm & Garden Supply, Hills Flat Lumber, SPD Market, Weiss Bros. Nursery, A to Z Garden Center, Prospectors Nursery, Nevada Co. Farm Supply & Nursery in Penn Valley and CVS Pharmacy in South County.
For more information, go to http://www.sierrasoroptimist.org or call Linda Sanderson at 273-7989.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June