Fundraiser tonight beneifts Food Love Project
April 16, 2013
Living Lands Agrarian Network's Food Love Project invites the community to come support farm and school education with a soup and dance fundraiser today.
The Third Annual Soup Night Fundraiser and Dance Party will begin at 5:30 at the Stonehouse, located at 107 Sacramento St. in downtown Nevada City.
Homemade soup made with locally grown ingredients will be sold for $10 a bowl with bread beginning at 5:30 p.m. Children eat for free.
Music begins at 7:30 with Turnip the Beet. DJs Owen Sam and Charlie will spin vinyl of funk and soul jams for an all ages dance party. A $5 donation for the dance party is suggested.
The Food Love Project is an education farm managed by Farmer Amanda Thibodeau. It is located on the Burton Homestead on Lake Vera Road in Nevada City, a place where local school children visit by the bus load to learn where their food comes from.
For more information, visit: http://www.livinglandsnetwork.org .
Trending In: Activities and Events
- For the love of animals: Find compassion in action at Animal Film Festival
- Commentary: Cars and coffee: a spontaneous showing of cars
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Swan Central: Sacramento Valley rice fields offer best winter waterfowl viewing in state
- 3rd annual Animal Film Festival comes to Grass Valley Saturday
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom