Fundraiser tonight beneifts Food Love Project
April 16, 2013
Living Lands Agrarian Network's Food Love Project invites the community to come support farm and school education with a soup and dance fundraiser today.
The Third Annual Soup Night Fundraiser and Dance Party will begin at 5:30 at the Stonehouse, located at 107 Sacramento St. in downtown Nevada City.
Homemade soup made with locally grown ingredients will be sold for $10 a bowl with bread beginning at 5:30 p.m. Children eat for free.
Music begins at 7:30 with Turnip the Beet. DJs Owen Sam and Charlie will spin vinyl of funk and soul jams for an all ages dance party. A $5 donation for the dance party is suggested.
The Food Love Project is an education farm managed by Farmer Amanda Thibodeau. It is located on the Burton Homestead on Lake Vera Road in Nevada City, a place where local school children visit by the bus load to learn where their food comes from.
For more information, visit: http://www.livinglandsnetwork.org .
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Rethinking the lawn
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public