Fundraiser tonight beneifts Food Love Project
April 16, 2013
Living Lands Agrarian Network's Food Love Project invites the community to come support farm and school education with a soup and dance fundraiser today.
The Third Annual Soup Night Fundraiser and Dance Party will begin at 5:30 at the Stonehouse, located at 107 Sacramento St. in downtown Nevada City.
Homemade soup made with locally grown ingredients will be sold for $10 a bowl with bread beginning at 5:30 p.m. Children eat for free.
Music begins at 7:30 with Turnip the Beet. DJs Owen Sam and Charlie will spin vinyl of funk and soul jams for an all ages dance party. A $5 donation for the dance party is suggested.
The Food Love Project is an education farm managed by Farmer Amanda Thibodeau. It is located on the Burton Homestead on Lake Vera Road in Nevada City, a place where local school children visit by the bus load to learn where their food comes from.
For more information, visit: http://www.livinglandsnetwork.org .
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site