Friday event to showcase, benefit eco organization
September 18, 2013
On Friday, Haute Trash will present a fashion extravaganza, where fashion meets art and design created from trash and recycled items. More than a dozen designers worldwide have collaborated to bring the latest in trash fashion, incorporating humor, satire and social consciousness.
Haute Trash Artists Collaborative began more than 30 years ago with the goal of creating and producing performance art, changing the way you see the world. Friday's show, from 6 to 9 p.m. at Pilot Peak Winery in Penn Valley, includes wine tasting, food from LJ's Catering, music by Beaucoup Chapeaux and a runway fashion show like you've never seen before.
The event is a fundraiser for Haute Trash Artists Collaborative, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Haute Trash takes eco fashion to schools and events throughout the country in order to entertain, educate and empower others to rethink, reuse and recycle. For more about Friday's event, visit http://hautetrash.org
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth