Friday event to showcase, benefit eco organization
September 18, 2013
On Friday, Haute Trash will present a fashion extravaganza, where fashion meets art and design created from trash and recycled items. More than a dozen designers worldwide have collaborated to bring the latest in trash fashion, incorporating humor, satire and social consciousness.
Haute Trash Artists Collaborative began more than 30 years ago with the goal of creating and producing performance art, changing the way you see the world. Friday's show, from 6 to 9 p.m. at Pilot Peak Winery in Penn Valley, includes wine tasting, food from LJ's Catering, music by Beaucoup Chapeaux and a runway fashion show like you've never seen before.
The event is a fundraiser for Haute Trash Artists Collaborative, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Haute Trash takes eco fashion to schools and events throughout the country in order to entertain, educate and empower others to rethink, reuse and recycle. For more about Friday's event, visit http://hautetrash.org
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death