Free gospel concert returns to Penn Valley for 22nd year
August 29, 2013
The 22nd annual Praise in the Mountains free gospel concert will be Saturday at Western Gateway Park in Penn Valley.
Six gospel groups will perform at the non-demoninational event, which begins at 1 p.m.
Praise in the Mountains is billed as a family-friendly event with music styles for people of all ages. There will also be family games, interactive air jumps and children's activities.
Throughout the eight-hour event, there will be free drawings for prizes, including a $1,000 cash grand prize that will be raffled off at 8:30 p.m.
Bands include OldeTyme Religion Singers, Bohdi Dulac Band, The Rhythm Riders — a Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline tribute band — and Will Derryberry and Bayside West to close.
Food will be available for purchase, or guests are welcome to bring a picnic. Lawn chairs and shade are also encouraged. Praise in the Mountains is a nonprofit event, and admission is free.
For information about this event, visit http://machaira.com/.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball