Free fall and winter vegetable gardening workshop
July 26, 2013
AUBURN — Come join the Placer County Master Gardeners from 9 to 11 a.m. Aug. 3, for a class on Fall and Winter Vegetable Gardening. Gardeners will learn the basics of fall planting: when to plant, what to plant (including how to choose seeds and plants), and how to prepare the soil.
This free workshop will be held outside at the Master Gardeners' Demonstration Garden at 11477 E Ave.in the DeWitt Center, Auburn (wear a hat and bring water). Registration is not required.
For information about other Master Gardener workshops and events, visit the Placer County Master Gardener website at http://pcmg.ucanr.org/ or call 530-889-7388.
Placer County Master Gardeners are University of California Cooperative Extension ambassadors to the Placer County home gardening community. Master Gardeners promote environmental awareness and sustainable landscape practices, and extend research-based gardening and composting information to the public through educational outreach.
UCCE is part of the Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources of the University of California.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana