Free compost workshop
September 27, 2013
The Placer County Master Gardeners will present a free composting workshop from 9 to 11 a.m. Oct. 5.
The first hour will focus on outdoor composting basics.
The second hour will introduce vermicomposting with worms. Learn about various bin systems and how to turn kitchen scraps and yard waste into a free, natural garden amendment for your garden.
This workshop will be outdoors at the Master Gardeners' Demonstration Garden, 11477 E Avenue in the DeWitt Center, Auburn (rain will cancel).
Please dress for the weather. Registration is not required. For information about other Master Gardener workshops and events, visit the Placer County Master Gardener website at http://pcmg.ucanr.org/ or call 530- 889-7388.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Bierwagen’s annual pumpkin patch brings families back out to the farm
- ‘Tiny House, Big Living’ show looking for cast members on HGTV
- Artist Daniel Brooks reception Dec. 13 at Nevada City Winery
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- California Organics owner, Chris Kysar, makes healthy food his life’s work