Free compost workshop
September 27, 2013
The Placer County Master Gardeners will present a free composting workshop from 9 to 11 a.m. Oct. 5.
The first hour will focus on outdoor composting basics.
The second hour will introduce vermicomposting with worms. Learn about various bin systems and how to turn kitchen scraps and yard waste into a free, natural garden amendment for your garden.
This workshop will be outdoors at the Master Gardeners' Demonstration Garden, 11477 E Avenue in the DeWitt Center, Auburn (rain will cancel).
Please dress for the weather. Registration is not required. For information about other Master Gardener workshops and events, visit the Placer County Master Gardener website at http://pcmg.ucanr.org/ or call 530- 889-7388.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance