Four Nevada County artists make State Fair competition
July 3, 2013
Results of the 2013 California Fine Art exhibition at the State Fair were released last week with four Nevada County artists receiving Awards of Merit for their submitted pieces.
Those artists include Tom Banwell for "Crocodile Brass Band," LeeAnn Brook for "Interlude," Miriam Morris for "Chicken Little" and James Mullen for "Self-Portrait with Mother," according to the State Fair.
The is the second time Brook has had a piece of work accepted in the exhibition. The first being in 2008. She said the level of competition is difficult with the level of work being "extremely high." There were more than 1,600 entires for the 2013 State Fair Fine Art competition. Only 180 were accepted.
The complete exhibit of 180 works will be on display during the State Fair from July 12 to 28, at Cal Expo in Sacramento.
For infromation about the fair, visit http://bigfun.org/.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- For the love of animals: Find compassion in action at Animal Film Festival
- Commentary: Cars and coffee: a spontaneous showing of cars
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Swan Central: Sacramento Valley rice fields offer best winter waterfowl viewing in state
- 3rd annual Animal Film Festival comes to Grass Valley Saturday
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom
- Protest planned outside Auburn water agency event Friday
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges