First county farmers market opens today
April 13, 2013
Today is opening day for the Nevada County Certified Growers Market at North Star House.
From 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., vendors will offer fresh vegetables, strawberries, eggs, oil olive, meats, plants, mushrooms, baked goods and more.
Entertainment this week is provided by Ragged But Right, with their blend of old time country and bluegrass music.
Vendors include Sweet Roots Farm, Tumbling Creek Farm, Starbright Acres Family Farm, Mama Sattiva Ghee, Guzzetti Indian, Johnson Farm, Calolea Olive Oil, Family Friendly Farms, Animal Place Veganic Farm, Coffee Run, Sweet Farway Craft, Robertson Farm, K-9 Kitchen, Potting Shed, Sierra Rizing Bakery, V&M Farm, the James Ranch, Smiley Guys and more.
North Star House is located at 12075 Old Auburn Road (about a half mile from Nevada County Fairgrounds — follow signs). For information, call 530-265-5551.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier