Find your way to Sierra Stages’ ‘Avenue Q’
June 27, 2013
This summer, journey to the top of Broad Street in Nevada City, take an immediate turn into the lobby of the historic Nevada Theatre and end up at "Avenue Q," the smash-hit Broadway musical presented by Sierra Stages. The three-time Tony Award-winning musical plays for 15 performances from July 10 through Aug. 3.
With a cast of 11 humans and 28 puppets, "Avenue Q" is like Sesame Street, only for adults — think more "South Park" or "Family Guy" than Sesame Street.
The hilariously irreverent musical tells the story of Princeton, a bright-eyed college grad who moves to New York City with big dreams and a tiny bank account. The only apartment he can afford is way out on Avenue Q, where everyone's looking for the same things he is: a decent job, a stable relationship and a "purpose."
The Sierra Stages production of "Avenue Q" is directed by Robert Rossman, with musical direction by Ken Getz. The cast includes Isaias Acosta, Kristine Alcamo, Lyra Dominguez, Nancy Haffey, Kate Haight, JR Lewis, Erick Lindley, Danny McCammon, Conor Nolan, Jordan Thomas-Rose and Kim Wellman.
Sierra Stages advises people to please note: Due to adult situations (like full-puppet nudity) and adult language (which we cannot repeat here), "Avenue Q" may be inappropriate for kids or closed-minded adults.
Performances of "Avenue Q" are 7 p.m. Thursdays and 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays with a special Wednesday preview performance at 7 p.m. July 10 and two Sunday matinees July 21 and July 28. General admission tickets for the preview performances July 10 and July 11 are $15. General admission tickets for all other performances are discounted to $20 if purchased before July 12. Thereafter, general admission tickets are $25. For those audience members who prefer a specific seat location and wish to provide additional financial support for Sierra Stages, reserved tickets for all performances are available for $35. Tickets are available online at http://SierraStages.org or by calling the Sierra Stages ticket line at 530-346-3210. Tickets are also on sale at BriarPatch Co-op in Grass Valley.
For information about "Avenue Q" and Sierra Stages, visit http://SierraStages.org.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance