Final shows this weekend for ‘Company’
March 21, 2014
The final two performances of Sierra Stage's "Company" will be at 8 p.m. today and 2 p.m. Sunday. at the Nevada Theatre.
Five married couples, three single women and Bobby, the only eligible bachelor in the group, examine and celebrate married life and its alternatives through a series of comic vignettes and musical numbers in the landmark musical comedy written by Stephen Sondheim and George Furth.
"Company" won six Tony Awards, including Best Musical.
The Sierra Stages production features a 14-person ensemble cast and full orchestra with 10 instrumentalists and four women singers who comprise The Vocal Minority.
Tickets are available at http://www.SierraStages.org or by calling Sierra Stages at 530-346-3210 or by visiting BriarPatch Co-op in Grass Valley.
General Admission is $25 ($23 for Seniors 65 and over and $15 for Youth 17 and under).
Reserved Seating is available for $35. One hour before each performance, six free tickets will be made available to students age 25 and under; a valid student ID must be presented and there is a limit of one ticket per ID.
Subject to availability, $15 student rush tickets will also be sold hour before each performance.
The Nevada Theatre is at 401 Broad St., in Nevada City.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County