Final free concert in the garden Sunday
July 19, 2013
PlacerArts will host the final free concert in the 25th Anniversary Library Garden Summer Series. Tom Rigney and Flambeau will perform from 7-8:30 p.m. Sunday. Bring blankets, lawn chairs, picnics and dancing shoes for the family-friendly evening of music in an outdoor theater. The Auburn Library Garden Amphitheatre is located at 350 Nevada St., adjacent to the Auburn Library.
Tom Rigney, violinist and composer, joins with Flambeau to feature blazing Cajun and zydeco two-steps, low-down blues, funky New Orleans grooves and beautiful ballads and waltzes. Rigney's charismatic stage presence, humor and high-energy showmanship has inspired audiences to stand up and dance.
Rigney shares the stage with Flambeau members Danny Caron, guitar; Caroline Dahl, piano and accordion; Ian Hoffman, drums, and Steve Parks, electric bass.
Much of the Flambeau repertoire is composed by Rigney, and the band mixes in classics from the Cajun/zydeco/New Orleans songbook. Tom Rigney and Flambeau performed previously at the Summer Series in 2002, 2003 and 2009 to rave reviews.
Summer Series is presented by PlacerArts. For more information about this concert or the organization, go to http://www.placerarts.org.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Organic farming going strong with next generation at Bakbraken Acres
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed