Final free concert in the garden Sunday
July 19, 2013
PlacerArts will host the final free concert in the 25th Anniversary Library Garden Summer Series. Tom Rigney and Flambeau will perform from 7-8:30 p.m. Sunday. Bring blankets, lawn chairs, picnics and dancing shoes for the family-friendly evening of music in an outdoor theater. The Auburn Library Garden Amphitheatre is located at 350 Nevada St., adjacent to the Auburn Library.
Tom Rigney, violinist and composer, joins with Flambeau to feature blazing Cajun and zydeco two-steps, low-down blues, funky New Orleans grooves and beautiful ballads and waltzes. Rigney's charismatic stage presence, humor and high-energy showmanship has inspired audiences to stand up and dance.
Rigney shares the stage with Flambeau members Danny Caron, guitar; Caroline Dahl, piano and accordion; Ian Hoffman, drums, and Steve Parks, electric bass.
Much of the Flambeau repertoire is composed by Rigney, and the band mixes in classics from the Cajun/zydeco/New Orleans songbook. Tom Rigney and Flambeau performed previously at the Summer Series in 2002, 2003 and 2009 to rave reviews.
Summer Series is presented by PlacerArts. For more information about this concert or the organization, go to http://www.placerarts.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire