Final free concert in the garden Sunday
July 19, 2013
PlacerArts will host the final free concert in the 25th Anniversary Library Garden Summer Series. Tom Rigney and Flambeau will perform from 7-8:30 p.m. Sunday. Bring blankets, lawn chairs, picnics and dancing shoes for the family-friendly evening of music in an outdoor theater. The Auburn Library Garden Amphitheatre is located at 350 Nevada St., adjacent to the Auburn Library.
Tom Rigney, violinist and composer, joins with Flambeau to feature blazing Cajun and zydeco two-steps, low-down blues, funky New Orleans grooves and beautiful ballads and waltzes. Rigney's charismatic stage presence, humor and high-energy showmanship has inspired audiences to stand up and dance.
Rigney shares the stage with Flambeau members Danny Caron, guitar; Caroline Dahl, piano and accordion; Ian Hoffman, drums, and Steve Parks, electric bass.
Much of the Flambeau repertoire is composed by Rigney, and the band mixes in classics from the Cajun/zydeco/New Orleans songbook. Tom Rigney and Flambeau performed previously at the Summer Series in 2002, 2003 and 2009 to rave reviews.
Summer Series is presented by PlacerArts. For more information about this concert or the organization, go to http://www.placerarts.org.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- For the love of animals: Find compassion in action at Animal Film Festival
- Commentary: Cars and coffee: a spontaneous showing of cars
- Blues Fusion dance welcomes live music Friday night
- ‘Tiny House, Big Living’ show looking for cast members on HGTV
- 3rd annual Animal Film Festival comes to Grass Valley Saturday
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana