Final family snowhow of season Sunday at Northstar
March 29, 2013
Northstar California will host the last of its Family Afternoon Snowshoe Tours Sunday.
These tours are designed to introduce children to the great outdoors in a fun, unintimidating, friendly atmosphere, according to Northstar at Tahoe's website.
The tours are open to all ages and will be an easy snowshoe for the whole family. It will begin at the Cross Country, Telemark & Snowshoe Center at 1 p.m. and will last approximately three hours. A guide will lead a group through some of the resort's easier trails to a historic red caboose set in an alpine meadow for hot chocolate, cookies, and snow play, according to the website.
The cost is $40 for adults (13 and older) and $25 for children. Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-466-6784 or through the Cross Country, Telemark & Snowshoe Center at 530-562-3270. Tours will take place snow or shine and all participants must wear warm, waterproof boots. Snowshoes are not provided with the tour so bring your own if you have them. There will be snowshoes available for rent along with sleds for children who get tired. Snowshoe rentals are $15.
For more information, go to http://www.northstarattahoe.com/info/ski/family_snowshoe_tours.asp.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo