Famous Marching Presidents present 2nd annual art show
July 10, 2013
"Art is the Soul of America," Abraham Lincoln is reported to have said to Mathew Brady in 1862. We know that is correct no matter if the great man said it or not.
This July the Center for the Arts will prove that is true as the Famous Marching Presidents present their second annual Art Show. An artist reception will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday. The public is invited to attend and meet some of the artists and/or Famous Marching Presidents.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Common-cure ’70 Chevy C10 short-bed fleetside pickup
- Nevada County organic farmer saves heirloom trees for food and history
- New classes starting at Fletcher’s Dance Hall in Nevada City
- Swan Central: Sacramento Valley rice fields offer best winter waterfowl viewing in state
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say