Faculty, student jazz concert Saturday
October 26, 2012
Students will join with Sierra Jazz Society Faculty to perform in duo, trio and quartet settings during a concert 1 p.m. Saturday. There will also be student vocalists from Jazz Camp.
Guests will hear some familiar jazz standards with improvised variations.
Led by artistic director Bill Douglass, the concert includes faculty John Girton, Nora Nausbaum, Kit Bailey, Jim Trefethen, Al Bent and students Cindy Leeson, Jaya Perryman, Tyler Hodge, Tim Elston, Morgan Halperin, Bruce Kaldor, Cynthia Yaguda, Julia Glasse, Pat Black and Beverly Korenwasser.
Sierra Jazz Society has run Jazz Camp every summer since 2001 and presented workshops and performances throughout the year for all ages, all instruments and voice.
Saturday's concert will be at the Unitarian Church, 246 S. Church St. in Grass Valley.
Admission is $20 for adults, $10 for children 12 and younger.
For information about Sierra Jazz Society, go to http://www.sierrajazzsociety.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Rethinking the lawn
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public