Exhibit features artist’s concentration on Light
September 5, 2013
Artist Julia Ruess latest exhibit is now on display at the Center for the Arts. She will have a reception from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday for her oil on canvas prints.
Ruess is a painter, designer and teacher of Sacred Art. Born in Germany she moved to the United States after completing her studies at the University of Arts in Berlin. She works in the design field and is a teacher for art and design. Today she belongs to the faculty of Sierra College, American River College and Ananda College.
After meeting Her Spiritual Teacher Satya'Ama Adyota in 2001 she became a student again. For the past years she has studied Sacred Art in the presence of her guru. Making art has been Ruess' spiritual quest, her greatest pleasure, quickening her love and understanding, she said.
The show at the Center for the Arts shows a wide scope of her work with a concentration on her recent light and cosmos paintings. Her interest in light and the quality matter has been the focus in her paintings for the past years. Her work has been shown in several galleries all over the U.S. as well as in Germany. She lives and works in her studio near Nevada City.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (VIDEO)