Event harvests creativity of Autumn Equinox
September 18, 2013
Clock Tower Records owners Curt Smith and Debra Kiva have invited the Café Writers Group with artists, musicians and songwriters to perform on their intimate back-room stage. The creative event is open to the community. All who have a short piece to read, sing or play are welcome from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday.
Autumn Equinox is the theme of this gathering — the time of balance between the bright, outward activity of the summer and the darker, more inward and reflective season of winter with its shortest day and great holiday of the birth of hope. The stage is set with large, abstract paintings by local painter Lil McGill — herself a published poet and teacher of both painting and creative writing.
This venue is perfect for writers and musicians to come together as a community. Beginners and professionals, young artists and elders are all welcome.
Café Writers invite the community to in the Autumn Equinox celebration Saturday at 130 W. Main St. in Grass Valley. For information, call 530-477-1400.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- For the love of animals: Find compassion in action at Animal Film Festival
- Commentary: Cars and coffee: a spontaneous showing of cars
- Blues Fusion dance welcomes live music Friday night
- ‘Tiny House, Big Living’ show looking for cast members on HGTV
- 3rd annual Animal Film Festival comes to Grass Valley Saturday
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana