Event harvests creativity of Autumn Equinox
September 18, 2013
Clock Tower Records owners Curt Smith and Debra Kiva have invited the Café Writers Group with artists, musicians and songwriters to perform on their intimate back-room stage. The creative event is open to the community. All who have a short piece to read, sing or play are welcome from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday.
Autumn Equinox is the theme of this gathering — the time of balance between the bright, outward activity of the summer and the darker, more inward and reflective season of winter with its shortest day and great holiday of the birth of hope. The stage is set with large, abstract paintings by local painter Lil McGill — herself a published poet and teacher of both painting and creative writing.
This venue is perfect for writers and musicians to come together as a community. Beginners and professionals, young artists and elders are all welcome.
Café Writers invite the community to in the Autumn Equinox celebration Saturday at 130 W. Main St. in Grass Valley. For information, call 530-477-1400.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball