Event harvests creativity of Autumn Equinox
September 18, 2013
Clock Tower Records owners Curt Smith and Debra Kiva have invited the Café Writers Group with artists, musicians and songwriters to perform on their intimate back-room stage. The creative event is open to the community. All who have a short piece to read, sing or play are welcome from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday.
Autumn Equinox is the theme of this gathering — the time of balance between the bright, outward activity of the summer and the darker, more inward and reflective season of winter with its shortest day and great holiday of the birth of hope. The stage is set with large, abstract paintings by local painter Lil McGill — herself a published poet and teacher of both painting and creative writing.
This venue is perfect for writers and musicians to come together as a community. Beginners and professionals, young artists and elders are all welcome.
Café Writers invite the community to in the Autumn Equinox celebration Saturday at 130 W. Main St. in Grass Valley. For information, call 530-477-1400.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Dodge Dakota breaks through wall, sends child sprawling to the floor, mother says
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants