Evening of Tibetan culture set to benefit new center
March 21, 2013
Sierra Friends of Tibet, Tibetech.org and the Tibetan Association of Northern California present an Evening of Tibetan Culture — featuring music, dance, food and informational talks to benefit the Tibetan Community and Cultural Center Building Improvement Project from 6 to 10:30 p.m. Saturday at the St. Joseph's Cultural Center in Grass Valley.
The Tibetan Association of Northern California is an organization formed in 1990 to bring together the Tibetans in the San Francisco Bay Area to preserve their precious culture and educate the generations of children born in exile about their language, culture and customs.
There will be performances from children of the Tibetan School, offering traditional Tibetan dancing and singing in traditional dress, Tibetan art for sale, music and more.
Advance tickets for dinner and the program will be $30. Tickets for just dinner are $15 for adults and $5 for children 12 and under.
For those who only want to attend the evening program, tickets are $20. Dinner is from 6 to 7 p.m. with the program starting shortly after. For information, call 530-272-4725 or go to http://saintjosepsculturalcenter.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations