Evening of Tibetan culture set to benefit new center
March 21, 2013
Sierra Friends of Tibet, Tibetech.org and the Tibetan Association of Northern California present an Evening of Tibetan Culture — featuring music, dance, food and informational talks to benefit the Tibetan Community and Cultural Center Building Improvement Project from 6 to 10:30 p.m. Saturday at the St. Joseph’s Cultural Center in Grass Valley.
The Tibetan Association of Northern California is an organization formed in 1990 to bring together the Tibetans in the San Francisco Bay Area to preserve their precious culture and educate the generations of children born in exile about their language, culture and customs.
There will be performances from children of the Tibetan School, offering traditional Tibetan dancing and singing in traditional dress, Tibetan art for sale, music and more.
Advance tickets for dinner and the program will be $30. Tickets for just dinner are $15 for adults and $5 for children 12 and under.
For those who only want to attend the evening program, tickets are $20. Dinner is from 6 to 7 p.m. with the program starting shortly after. For information, call 530-272-4725 or go to http://saintjosepsculturalcenter.org.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping