Empty Bowl takes place today
March 1, 2013
The seventh annual Empty Bowl benefit for Hospitality House is today. Come for a simple meal of soup and bread in a handmade bowl crafted by a local pottery, then take the bowl home. Funds raised by this event support the local homeless shelter. The first seating is from noon to 2 p.m. and a second seating will be from 5 to 7 p.m.
Tickets are $20 and children under 12 are free. Tickets can be purchased at The Book Seller, BriarPatch Co-op, the Nevada City Chamber of Commerce, online at http://www.HHShelter.org or at the door. The event will be at Peace Lutheran Church, 828 W. Main St. in Grass Valley.
For more information call 530-205-9363.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier