Empty Bowl takes place today
March 1, 2013
The seventh annual Empty Bowl benefit for Hospitality House is today. Come for a simple meal of soup and bread in a handmade bowl crafted by a local pottery, then take the bowl home. Funds raised by this event support the local homeless shelter. The first seating is from noon to 2 p.m. and a second seating will be from 5 to 7 p.m.
Tickets are $20 and children under 12 are free. Tickets can be purchased at The Book Seller, BriarPatch Co-op, the Nevada City Chamber of Commerce, online at http://www.HHShelter.org or at the door. The event will be at Peace Lutheran Church, 828 W. Main St. in Grass Valley.
For more information call 530-205-9363.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- For the love of animals: Find compassion in action at Animal Film Festival
- Commentary: Cars and coffee: a spontaneous showing of cars
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Swan Central: Sacramento Valley rice fields offer best winter waterfowl viewing in state
- 3rd annual Animal Film Festival comes to Grass Valley Saturday
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week