Eat right when money’s tight workshop
May 13, 2013
The University of California Cooperative Extension will offer a free cooking and nutrition workshop from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., May 21, at the Auburn Interfaith Food Closet.
Through hands-on activities, participants will learn how to prepare healthy meals and snacks, save money on groceries and plan menus. There will also be a short cooking demo with a food tasting.
Registration is free. All clients of the Auburn Interfaith Food Closet and UC CalFresh participants are welcome. For more information or to register for the workshop, contact Mychel Teater at 530-889-7350 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
— The Union Staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire