Eat right when money’s tight workshop
May 13, 2013
The University of California Cooperative Extension will offer a free cooking and nutrition workshop from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., May 21, at the Auburn Interfaith Food Closet.
Through hands-on activities, participants will learn how to prepare healthy meals and snacks, save money on groceries and plan menus. There will also be a short cooking demo with a food tasting.
Registration is free. All clients of the Auburn Interfaith Food Closet and UC CalFresh participants are welcome. For more information or to register for the workshop, contact Mychel Teater at 530-889-7350 or at email@example.com.
— The Union Staff
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance