Eat right when money’s tight workshop
May 13, 2013
The University of California Cooperative Extension will offer a free cooking and nutrition workshop from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., May 21, at the Auburn Interfaith Food Closet.
Through hands-on activities, participants will learn how to prepare healthy meals and snacks, save money on groceries and plan menus. There will also be a short cooking demo with a food tasting.
Registration is free. All clients of the Auburn Interfaith Food Closet and UC CalFresh participants are welcome. For more information or to register for the workshop, contact Mychel Teater at 530-889-7350 or at email@example.com.
— The Union Staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- NCTV Talk: Thru the Lens gala set for Del Oro Theatre
- Summer movies for kids begins June 14 at Del Oro Theatre in Grass Valley
- Bow-Tie Beauties Uncensored: Burlesque show at Miners Foundry
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial