Eat right when money’s tight workshop
May 13, 2013
The University of California Cooperative Extension will offer a free cooking and nutrition workshop from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., May 21, at the Auburn Interfaith Food Closet.
Through hands-on activities, participants will learn how to prepare healthy meals and snacks, save money on groceries and plan menus. There will also be a short cooking demo with a food tasting.
Registration is free. All clients of the Auburn Interfaith Food Closet and UC CalFresh participants are welcome. For more information or to register for the workshop, contact Mychel Teater at 530-889-7350 or at email@example.com.
— The Union Staff
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council