Eat right when money’s tight workshop
May 13, 2013
The University of California Cooperative Extension will offer a free cooking and nutrition workshop from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., May 21, at the Auburn Interfaith Food Closet.
Through hands-on activities, participants will learn how to prepare healthy meals and snacks, save money on groceries and plan menus. There will also be a short cooking demo with a food tasting.
Registration is free. All clients of the Auburn Interfaith Food Closet and UC CalFresh participants are welcome. For more information or to register for the workshop, contact Mychel Teater at 530-889-7350 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
— The Union Staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site