Earles Quintet brings swing, Dixie to Classic Café
June 27, 2013
Members of local Dixieland/swing band Earles of Newtown will perform from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday at the Nevada City Classic Café.
The smaller version of the popular local big band will perform as the Earles Quintet. Its material draws from the 1920s Prohibition era, so the pairing with the Classic Café just made sense.
On Friday nights, the quaint cafe transforms into a French Bistro, featuring tapas, wine and music. There is no cover charge. Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
The Classic Café is located at 216 Broad St. in Nevada City. For information call 530-265-9440.
For more details, please email Earle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Organic farming going strong with next generation at Bakbraken Acres
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed