Double Oak enjoys award winning season for wines
July 2, 2013
Double Oak Vineyards & Winery reports that they did well in the recent wine competitions.
During the 2013 season, the San Juan Ridge winery earned the following awards:
• The 2009 Merlot won a Double Gold at the New World International; and Bronze medals at the El Dorado and Amador County Fairs.
• The 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon won a Gold at the Calaveras County Fair; Silvers at the New World International, the Pacific Rim, the Orange County Wine Society and the Amador County Fair.
• The 2009 Zinfandel won a Silver at the Pacific Rim Wine Competition and a Bronze at the Amador County Fair.
• The 2008 Zinfandel won a Silver at the El Dorado County Fair.
• And the 2011 Rosé won Bronze medals at the Calaveras and Amador County Fairs.
All these award winning wines are available for tasting and purchase at the Double Oak Vineyards & Winery tasting room from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. every Saturday.
Double Oak is located at 14510 Blind Shady Rd., in Nevada City. For more information go to http://www.DoubleOakWinery.com or call 530-292-3235.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Rethinking the lawn
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed