Double Oak enjoys award winning season for wines
July 2, 2013
Double Oak Vineyards & Winery reports that they did well in the recent wine competitions.
During the 2013 season, the San Juan Ridge winery earned the following awards:
• The 2009 Merlot won a Double Gold at the New World International; and Bronze medals at the El Dorado and Amador County Fairs.
• The 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon won a Gold at the Calaveras County Fair; Silvers at the New World International, the Pacific Rim, the Orange County Wine Society and the Amador County Fair.
• The 2009 Zinfandel won a Silver at the Pacific Rim Wine Competition and a Bronze at the Amador County Fair.
• The 2008 Zinfandel won a Silver at the El Dorado County Fair.
• And the 2011 Rosé won Bronze medals at the Calaveras and Amador County Fairs.
All these award winning wines are available for tasting and purchase at the Double Oak Vineyards & Winery tasting room from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. every Saturday.
Double Oak is located at 14510 Blind Shady Rd., in Nevada City. For more information go to http://www.DoubleOakWinery.com or call 530-292-3235.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Common-cure ’70 Chevy C10 short-bed fleetside pickup
- Nevada County organic farmer saves heirloom trees for food and history
- New classes starting at Fletcher’s Dance Hall in Nevada City
- Swan Central: Sacramento Valley rice fields offer best winter waterfowl viewing in state
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say