Cranking up the jam in Auburn
April 9, 2014
San Francisco-based Tracorum will perform Saturday at the Auburn Events Center.
The eclectic group, steeped in traditional roots music, is an original rock ‘n’ roll and rhythm and blues band.
Tracorum features the individual sounds of South African drummer Ian Herman (Paul Simon, Sting, Mickey Hart Band, Vusi Mahlasela, Hugh Masekela) Mark Calderon (Zigaboo Modeliste, Leo Neocentelli) on bass coupled with soulful songwriter/pianist/vocalist Fletcher Nielsen and the electric Derek Brooker on guitar. They have released three studio albums.
Opening for Tracorum will be Jugtown Pirates. Four years ago, the Jugtown Pirates packed their bags in Vermont and headed west to San Francisco.
Living in the heart of the city at historic Haight and Ashbury, the Pirates developed an incredible following by “busking” bluegrass daily on their front porch stoop.
Tickets to the 7:30 p.m. show are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. Tickets are available at http://www.keepsmilinpromotions.com, Clock Towers Records in Grass Valley and Yabobo in Nevada City. For more information, go to http://www.keepsmilinpromotions.com,
Auburn Events Center is located at 145 Elm Ave. in Auburn.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping